Thursday 2 February 2017

Teacher Training: Best free websites and apps to improve your English

I've just started a new job as a Teacher Trainer. Yey!! I am very excited about this new post but, if I'm honest, a little bit apprehensive too.
I have a few years of teaching experience behind me, I have been lucky enough to teach in a few different countries, I am as passionate as ever about teaching and believe that motivation is one of the major keys to all learning. I just hope I can motivate my students and give them the confidence, the skills and the resources they need to be able to teach English in their classrooms next year.
The students are French but will be teaching English as part of their job as Primary School Teachers. After our first session together it became clear that they are very keen but their main concern is to improve their own English. As a result, I have come up with some websites and applications to help them along.

1.
BBC Learning English. You can't really go wrong with the BBC. It has everything from watching interesting videos, grammar and vocabulary sections to listening to the news. It's free, go for it.

2.British Council has three separate sections on their website: kids, adults and teens. Each section features a huge variety of interactive lessons, videos, games and podcasts to learn just about any skill.

3.
Duolingo helps you learn new vocabulary and grammar through interactive games and quizzes both online and on their app. It lets you set goals and shows your progress as you use the program. I've been using this to improve my French!

4.Memrise
 makes learning effective and fun with a combination of video game design and neuroscience.

Can you help me come up with a fifth one? Which ones do you use?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...