Friday 23 September 2016

How Are You Today?


My 6 to 8 year old class have been learning a Hello, how are you? song by Super Simple Learning. Now that the children can sing the song and answer the question in a variety of ways, we decided that we would begin reading and writing each feeling and then make a little video to send to their parents. I've noticed lots of photo booth activities on Pinterest recently, and thought it would be fun to do something similar. 

The children were encouraged to look very carefully at the shape of their mouths when they did each mime (they looked at one another and in small mirrors): 

I'm good - a little smile
I'm great - a bigger smile
I'm wonderful - a huge smile showing lots of teeth
I'm tired - wide open mouth
I'm hungry - tongue sticking out
I'm not so good - a sad mouth

We drew them together on the whiteboard then the children chose a feeling flashcard and tried to draw a mouth shape to represent the feeling on A6 card. The mouth had to be bigger than their own (they found this hard to do). They then coloured in their mouths, cut them out and sellotaped them to a kebab stick. On the back of the image they wrote their name and the feeling. 

We used adobe voice to make the little video (it is VERY simple to use). The children then wrote a caption for each image. 



I shall be displaying their beautiful photos with a speech bubble caption soon.

Main communication aims:
Listening/reading/writing 
Feeling words related to a song

Listening:
Instructional vocabulary: draw, colour, cut, stick 
Mouth vocabulary: mouth, lips, teeth, tongue, big, small, open, closed..





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...