Friday 16 September 2016

Beginning of a New Term - First Lesson

It's the beginning of the new term here in France. I wanted to revise greetings with my 5 to 7 year old group. We revised hello, what's your name? and how are you today? They could answer hello, I'm.../My name's... and They all knew I'm fine, thank-you so it was time to introduce other ways to express their feelings.





After brainstorming other ways together, we listened to this hello song From Super Simple Songs and found six other ways that we could respond. How are you? I'm good/great/wonderfu/tired/hungry/not so good. We played a variety of games to repeat the words and practise the pronunciation.

Then we got onto some creative work by drawing self portraits and writing What's your name? My name's....on flaps of paper. I simply cut a piece of A4 paper in half, lenghways and then cut a piece about 5cm long from the bottom of each piece of paper to make the flap.


We reviewed our class aims using the puppets. Everyone felt wonderful!

What do you do for your first lesson after a long break from learning English?

Main language aims

Listening and Speaking
Hello (h pronunciation)
What's your name? I'm/My name's/my name is.....
How are you (today)? I'm fine, I'm good, I'm great, I'm wonderful, I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm not to good.

writing
What's your name? My name's ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...